Friday, May 5, 2017
First film begins at 6:00 pm
Behavioral Sciences Building A101, Colorado State University
Long-format Documentary: Starfish Throwers
This film festival will showcase one long-format documentary while also highlighting local short films and photographs about food insecurity and poverty in the Fort Collins community. Sponsored by the FoCo Cafe, the festival is intended to bring together community members and the network of food insecurity organizations that tackle issues in the Fort Collins community. Additionally, the festival aims to raise awareness about food insecurity, food justice, poverty, homelessness, food equality, access to healthy eating, etc. There will be a panel discussion following the showing of the films featuring representatives from local hunger and poverty prevention organizations.
A local short film/photo from each of four categories will be chosen to be shown at the film festival event on May 5th. Several submissions to the photography category will also be printed for the event.
SHORT FILM ENTRY DATES & DEADLINES:
Entry Opening Date: March 10, 2017
Entry Deadline: Submission Deadline: April 23, 2017
Notification Date: May 5th, 2017
Event Date: May 5th, 2017
- Youth: Grades 5-12, no fee to submit, Film/Video, under 8 minutes, all projects may be submitted, Project Origin: Fort Collins,
- College: Students currently enrolled in college at Front Range Community College, CSU, CU, and UNC, No fee to submit, Film/Video, under 8 minutes, only student projects may be submitted, Project Origin: Colorado
- Community: Any members of the Fort Collins, or larger Northern Colorado community passionate about film or food insecurity, no fee to submit, Film/Video, under 8 minutes, all projects may be submitted, Project Origin: Colorado
- Photography: Artists of any age are welcome in this category. Simply capture these issues in a photograph of a high resolution JPEG and submit, Project Origin: Fort Collins
Awards & Prizes: Awards and prizes from local businesses will be given to the winners of each category. The winner of the photography category will have their photo framed. Prize details will be available at a later date.
Rules & Terms: There are four categories of submission:
- Address the issue of food insecurity in our community. This includes (but is not limited to) the people it impacts, hunger, nutrition, poverty, homelessness, food equality, healthy eating, etc.
- Be 3-8 minutes long
- Be an original work
- Be available for showing and use by the FoCo Cafe and Swipe Out Hunger?
- Photo entries must be high resolution, JPEG files
- Be submitted by April 23 at 11:59 pm
- Submit your entry by clicking on the FilmFreeway button
CONTACT & VENUE INFORMATION:
Sponsor Website: https://fococafe.org/
- Kathleen Baumgardner, FoCo Cafe Executive Director
- Mallory Andrews, Volunteer Coordinator
- Abby Jordan, Festival Organizer
- Lindsay Paricio, Festival Organizer
- Haley Chatwin, Festival Organizer
BECOME A FILM FESTIVAL SPONSOR
Please help bring this important event to Fort Collins. You, your company, or your organization are welcome to join us in sponsoring this event! Get sponsorship info here.